Friday, February 15, 2013

Let's Start Talking

Okay, my life in short. Starting working when I was 16 at Burger King, this started my long journey of the work outlook. I should have known then this was going to be tricky. After that, went to a place called C&A good money at 18 still living home with your mom and dad. Seventeen years later, sick of that job, left landed a great job at Caterpillar, Inc. Great people, great job, the world was alright for me, things were finally looking up. Well, NOT so much, the economy tanked, who would image a "giant' as big as Caterpillar would be affected. Can you say lay off? Yes after all those years I was home, feeling worthless, not needed, bummer! And then, one day I woke up and said "this is great", I can get use to this, life at home isn't so bad. Reality kicked in, unemployment running out, time to get it in gear, find a job, "but I really wish I could stay home", I kept telling my self, but not pursuing. Okay get a call one day from a former co-worker send your resume, he says to me, there is an opening I think would be perfect for you. So I did, part-time, 10:00AM-3:00PM, that sounds great, not ready for full time anyway. Next, a full-time position came open, need to think about my future, benefits, 401k, retirement. It happens, hired, full-time, the whole ehchilladas. Life is good, I can retire from this. A few months pass, not feeling the same but, making it. Day to day making the best but feeling blue, asking myself, "I really love to be at home" working from my own house, my own rules etc. That is not possible, is it? Yes it is! I sit here and tell you it can happen and I've never been happier in my life. If you have ever had these same thoughts, these same feelings and think you are stuck, STOP! Let me tell you, this could happen, no matter the age, the job, you're in, it is possible. Come along my journey and let's start talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment